ICA’s top priority is the health and well-being of our visitors and staff. We are taking enhanced precautions, including timed ticket arrivals to manage capacity, enhanced cleaning measures, weekly health screenings for staff, and requiring staff to wear face coverings. For more about the university’s COVID-19 response plan, visit https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/. To reach an ICA staff member please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepare for your next visit by reading these updated guidelines we’ve put in place to ensure your visit is safe and stress-free as possible:
• All visitors must book timed tickets in advance. Please note that timed tickets are being used to manage capacity. Same-day tickets are available on a limited basis.
• In accordance with University of Pennsylvania and City of Philadelphia policies, masks are required at all times inside the building for visitors ages 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status. Bandanas, gaiters, scarfs, masks with vents or made with porous materials are not permitted. For a list of approved face-coverings visit the CDC webpage here.
• At this time, we cannot accommodate visitors with bags or items larger than 16 x 14 x 6 inches. Please refrain from bringing large backpacks, laptops, over-sized purses, luggage, etc. Small bags may not be carried on your back inside the galleries; they must be carried or worn on your side or front at all times.
• Visitors are encouraged to wear or carry their outerwear (coats and jackets) during their visit. A coat room with cubbies is available for outwear and umbrellas, however ICA is not responsible for items left unattended. All items must be claimed before closing.
• Photography is allowed for personal, noncommercial use only (except where indicated). Photo-shoots, flashes, tripods, selfie sticks, or videography is not permitted.
• The use of all pens and any other writing/drawing/marking implement are prohibited in the galleries and where art is on display. If making notes is necessary, please use a pencil.
• Please honor all safety barriers, such as stanchions and demarcations on the gallery floor, and maintain a distance of at least 18 inches from the artwork.
• Disruptive noise is prohibited in the museum. Visitors with electronic/sound-producing devices, including but not limited to cellular phones, radios, PDAs, video games, et cetera, will be asked to turn the volume off.
• Mobility devices for accessibility purposes and strollers are permissible unless otherwise noted for specific exhibitions.
• Animals are permitted on the premises only in a service capacity.
• Visit our Accessibility section for a list of resources we offer.
ICA staff and visitors have the right to an environment free from abusive, threatening, or inappropriate behavior. The Institution reserves the right to remove any person acting in an unacceptable or inappropriate manner.