Social Media Guidelines and User Policy
Institute of Contemporary Art at the University of Pennsylvania is committed to fostering open dialogue around art, the issues that impact our lives, and of our current moment. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to engage with the Museum on our social media platforms and we ask that you do your part to keep the dialogue respectful and considerate to others.
The purpose of the Museum’s social media communications is to inform, connect, and inspire visitors and build community. The content serves to support, broaden, and offer new perspectives on a range of topics relating to the Museum’s program and relevant issues impacting our world.
We reserve the right to delete any type of content (posts, comments, replies, etc.) deemed harmful or disrespectful to others, including:
- Violent, hateful, racist, sexist, obscene or profane posts, links or images
- Comments that threaten, defame or demean any person or organization
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or not-for-profit organizations, websites, unincorporated organizations or clubs, contests or promotions
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
Users who share such content will risk being blocked from our platforms.