EXTRA CREDIT is a new education series that aims to provide a general overview of contemporary art and to demystify the field for those outside of the art world. It is ideal for anyone interested in learning more and for those looking to further engage with exhibitions and museums.
View full program brochure here.
Classes will take place on Sundays at 12PM from June 4 through July 30. Instructors are local artists, curators, and scholars, including:
• Robert Blackson & Kelli Morgan, presenting What Isn’t Contemporary Art? A Class to Consider the Limits of Our Time (June 4)
• Sharon Hayes, presenting Performance in Contemporary Art: On Stage, In Museums and on the Streets (June 11)
• Kate Kraczon, presenting Whose Feminism? (June 18)
• Anthony Romero, presenting Is the Art World Racist and What to Do About It? (June 25)
• Jesse Pires, presenting Beneath the Surface: Reflections on Video Art (July 9)
• Daniel Tucker, presenting Art & Social Justice: The Politics of Image Making (July 16)
• James Merle Thomas, presenting The Whole Earth and the Grand Tour: Global Contemporary Art in the 21st Century (July 23)
• Yuka Yokoyama, presenting Context Shapes Content (July 30)
Extra Credit is funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.